Working on Cantare

The new blog isn't ready yet so I guess I'll have to continue writing here in the meantime.


Last weekend was the first Cantare weekend in a long time. It felt a bit strange to be back in the cold barn starting all over again preparing her for an adventure. Of course, this time a lot of things are already done, which is really good since I'm studying full time now and trying to write on my book at the same time.

But the best thing this time is that I'm not doing it on my own. Sure, Sofia helped a bit before the West Indies trip, but mainly I was alone doing the work on Cantare while Sofia did the sponsorship hunt and other things that could be done from a distance. Nowadays I have a boyfriend, yes I've become one of the "ordinary" sailing couples, he also loves to sail. I'm still the captain though. Let's see if people we meet will treat me different this time. Anyway, Erik is his name and I'm sure he'll introduce himself in the near future. He is a great organizer, therefore this years work plan is very detailed, time requirement and who-is-doing-what are new features to me. This is what we have done so far:
  • Scraped the bottom (the old anti fouling was thick in same places and falling off)
  • Sanded the bottom
  • Lubricated the DuoGen
  • Took Monitor apart to change parts that are worn (also found a crack that needs to be welded)
  • Disengaged the oven to repair it (you could hear it in the last Atlantic movie)
  • Treated the watermaker with biocide to conserve it
  • Changed engine zinc
Hopefully Cantare will be in the water before my birthday on the 8th of May. At least that's the plan. / Captain Ingerup

Posted in |

5 comments:

  1. Sailing Life Jackets Says:

    Is the new blog ready yet?

  2. Kapten Ingerup Says:

    Hm, the new blog isn't ready, school takes a lot of time apparently. We've also started to doubt our destination and the new blog was built on a map of Scotland, maybe we'll have to redesign it. Soon, soon....

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I am very intrested in the worn parts and the crack in the welding on your monitor,having one myself on INGA.If you have possibility
    please send some info.I can not find any direct worn parts on my monitor after our crossings.
    Hugs from Lasse
    SY/INGA
    lassemona-att-live.se

  4. Darek Says:

    Piękny JACHT!!!

    Też mam jacht Bostrom 31 name "Bosse" :)

    Pozdrawiam z Polski
    www.campari.wb.pl

  5. Anonymous Says:

    Weeeery nice boat! :-)
    I am about to buy one from Hunnebostrand!