Day 14 - hot, hotter, the Atlantic Ocean

Position: 1200 UTC N 018° 20' W 042° 14'

"It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes". Yeah, for every day that goes by, it is getting warmer out here. Yesterday, was extremely hot, even I, who usually am not bothered by the sun had to put on a sun hat during my mid day watch. The energy basically melted away from our bodies. Every single movement was an effort, sweat pouring down the back and water bottles quickly being emptied. Dress code out here is underwear and lifejacket, nothing else is needed. Ok, I admit that little more clothes are needed during night watches when the sun is gone. Nevertheless, the temperature is still around 25° C at nights. Before arriving in St Lucia I think we will experience nights when only wearing underwear and lifejacket will be enough. Even though the sun nowadays tends to melt us down as if we were ice creams, I won't complain. I've heard it's quite cold back home in Sweden and I really don't want to go back to winter boots, gloves and swine flue hysteria.

When the sun had cooled down a little bit yesterday we celebrated my fictitious birthday in the cockpit. It was a really nice evening containing superb fish dinner and Christmas carols. Remaking Christmas carols can be so much fun, especially when it's three crazy girls from DJ Dingelidong doing the remix. I'm full of aches in my stomach today due to all laughter, we had a wonderful time! Happy Advent Sunday! /First Mate Sofia

Posted in |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Underbart med värme :) jag var ute på vänern i lördags för att fiska +2 grader och regn 12-14 m/s i medelvind, då önskade jag att jag hade varit hos er i värmen.
    Ta vara på eran tid i värmen och ha det riktigt bra.